Friday, March 16, 2007

Home Sweet Home Again

I travel pretty frequently for my employer, the Boring Corporation, and I've just returned from a 2-week trip. Next to my cat, my own bed, and my own shower, the thing I'm happiest to come home to is my own TV.

Seriously, why does hotel TV service suck so much? Here's the typical channel line-up of a hotel TV: the incessantly babbling buy-our-pay-per-view channel; ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox; one PBS channel (but never the one showing the thing you want to watch); four channels of ESPN; Discovery; The Weather Channel; the History Channel (all World War II, all the time); three channels of C-Span; TBS and TNT; and maybe HBO (except I never want to watch anything on HBO). That might be sufficient if you were my Dad, but not for 99 percent of the rest of us.

For the love of humanity, where's the Bravo? Do you know how many episodes of Project Runway, Top Chef, and Top Design I've missed? (Good thing they rerun them so incessantly.) Where's the freaking CW? Veronica Mars can't solve all those mysteries by herself, you know. And where in the name of all that's holy is the Turner Classic Movies?

Thank God I'm home at last. Friday night on my own comfy sofa with my kitty watching Stacy and Clinton snarking the fashion-challenged? It doesn't get any better than that.

No comments: